Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Summer Continues

It's a beautiful day here at the lake so we are planning to eat dinner out on the deck tonight. I've had a hankering for orzo salad so I put one together to have along with whatever we decide to throw on the grill. I took advantage of the opportunity to use fresh basil from my garden. There aren't too many big leaves so I only snipped a few.

Chop, chop, chop... mmmmm... I love the smell of fresh basil!

Here's everything in the bowl ready to be stirred together... orzo, chopped red onion, crumbled feta cheese, fresh basil, and toasted pine nuts...
(You may notice some of the pine nuts are a bit over-toasted! That's a result of me trying to do too many things at one time! Those puppies are too expensive to throw in the trash so I used them anyway!)

And here we are all mixed together...
I don't like a ton of dressing on my salads so I'll just dribble in a bit of balsamic vinaigrette and call it done! Should be delicious!





No comments: