Thursday, July 12, 2012

Disaster Averted!

Well, for once I got lucky! Leaving the LK piece soaking in a vat of cold water while I fretted over what I could do to stop the fibers from hemorrhaging turned out to be exactly what I needed to do! I expected to get up this morning to find it was a tie-dyed mess, but instead it looked perfectly fine. No shrinking, stretching, or fading. Unbelievable!

So here we have it... Part One...

Part Two...

And the whole sha-bang...

(Yes, I have it hanging on the refrigerator door! I couldn't think of a better way to get a picture of the whole thing!)

So that concludes the saga of the LK Double Flips, begun way back in 2008. Now it's off to the Fuppie Box where it will reside until I figure out what I want to do with it.

Progress continues on July...

... but it's probably time to pull another project from my WIP pile. After all, what's a WIPocolypse without any WIPs??

It's getting time to pack up my stitching bag and head over to the lake for the weekend, so I will bid you all a fond farewell, until we meet again!

Have a great weekend!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The WIPocolypse Post That Wasn't

I suppose this post should begin with a "where've ya been?" explanation. Phil and I took another trip down to Florida last week to help his oldest son move. We also visited my dad, his sister and her husband, and spent a couple of days at the beach. Here I am at Sanibel, pre-lobster:

We had a great time down south where it was actually cooler than it was up here in Michigan. And we came home with enough funny vacation stories to last us until our next trip!

But on to my WIPocolypse update, or what would have been my WIPocolypse update if disaster hadn't struck. See, I had my Lizzie Kate Flip-It piece completed and all ready for it's photo shoot when I noticed that about halfway down the list some of the colors in a few words had bled. I don't remember ever having gotten the piece wet, but then it's been stored away for several years and who knows what might have happened in that ziploc. My first thought was maybe I could rinse out the spots where the colors had bled. Big mistake! Not only did I have browns and reds bleeding, but now the greens and blues were too! I ended up dunking the whole thing and it's just a huge mess now. I've left it soaking in the sink, which is probably an epic mistake but I don't know what else to do at this point.

The sad evidence:

All I can say is merde, merde, and triple merde! I am so frustrated with myself! I really should have known better! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to save this piece?? Is it time to get adventurous with some RIT dye??

The only other stitching I've done this past month is on Prairie Schooler's July which isn't even one of my WIPocolypse projects but here ya go:

I think I managed to stitch a grand total of three letters on it last night while watching the American League get shut out in the All Star Game. It was great to see so many Rangers chosen for the team but the game itself was not fun to watch. At all.

That's about it for now. I'm heading back out to the lake tomorrow. Our shower door is supposed to be installed Friday. I know it's the 13th but I remain optimistic that it will go smoothly and we will finally be able to shower without creating a puddle in the middle of the bathroom floor.

I hope everyone survived the heat wave last week and found some way to keep cool! I honestly love summer so I say, "bring it on!"