Thursday, June 11, 2015

Finishing Success!

I have two finish finishes I can share with you today! The first is Bent Creek's Snappy Sampler which has been in my Fuppie Box for several years.
I found this frame at Michael's and had a feeling it would be perfect! I really love how it turned out!

The next finish is another piece that has been languishing in my Fuppie Box for-evah! I don't even remember the who, what, or where for this one, but I thiiiinnnnk it may have been in a cross stitch magazine. I'd always thought I'd make it into a bellpull but lacking any hardware I decided I'd use it for a big fat pillow. An entire bag of poly-fill later and voila!
Not great but not too bad either. I think it will look cute on our bed and you know I love paisley!

I have one other finish started but halfway through it I discovered I didn't have a clue what I was doing and need to consult the experts before I proceed. I am making a trip to Ye Olde Big Box Craft Store today for some supplies and if I have time this afternoon I will finish it up.

That being said, I better get a move on. I'm meeting Phil for lunch at Wendy's because all the commercials for their Crispy Dill Chicken Sandwich have worked as intended and I can't rest until I've tried one. You'd think I would have learned my lesson after last month's ghost pepper fries incident but this is me we're talking about!

Toodle-loo!!


5 comments:

Vickie said...

Great job! I too have done the Bent Creek Snappy Sampler.

Anna van Schurman said...

Love the frame you found for the Bent Creek piece. Wonderful!

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely finishes you created! I really like the frame you used for the Bent Creek piece. Is that a ribbon hanger?

Robin in Virginia

Blu said...

Lovely finishes! I really love the frame you have for Snappy Sampler. It fits the stitching perfectly.

Maureen said...

Well done on the finishes - they both look great!