Thursday, November 11, 2010

Down By the Riverside

We've been enjoying some unseasonably warm weather here this week. It's been great for getting the last of the yard work done, but everyone knows all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. So we put away our tools, grabbed the camera and took a walk down to the river. During the summer it's too overgrown with grass and bullrushes for it to be a happy little ramble, but this time of year it's easy to just follow the critter trails on down. Unfortunately, it doesn't make for very pretty pictures.

Speaking of critters, we found this chewed up tree close to the river. It looks like the work of beavers but I don't think there are any in this area. Groundhogs or squirrels maybe?

Once the weather gets cold and snowy here I'll take another excursion down to the river for some winter pictures to share. And if I wimp out I'll at least take some from the bridge or down at the park.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a couple hundred burrs to pick out of my shoelaces.

No comments: