Thursday, April 13, 2017

Two Days Later

I started stitching in 1985 so this pile represents 30+ years of WIPs. There's a birth sampler I never finished for my son who will be 27 this month, an SB from the 90s that only needs the beads and buttons sewn on, a house warming present for someone who has since moved from said house, fall projects I stopped working on when PS Santas called to me, winter projects that got set aside when the weather started warming up, BAPs I lost interest in, Mania starts and stitch-a-longs and the list goes on and on.

Now comes the fun part! I get to go through this mess and decide what I might still like to finish and get it all organized. I'll need to find missing threads I've pilfered for other projects and get things kitted up again. I'll make a list or two and order what I need and hopefully come out the other side with my sanity intact!
 
 

4 comments:

Clare said...

Good for you sorting these. I hope good memories come while sorting and starting to stitch them again. I too have some of this to do so not on your own :) Sometime the threads seem to hide!! Happy Stitching.

Robin in Virginia said...

Good for you on starting the sorting process! I look forward to seeing the ones that make the list to be worked on.

cucki said...

good for you..its so lovely to sort out your stash and go through it.
happy stitching x

Vickie said...

Hooray! You have done it! I bet you find lots of "new" treasures.