Monday, January 19, 2009

Slow and Steady

Here's another progress picture of Their Song...
This is the first time I've stitched a Blackbird Designs pattern and I can tell there will be more in my future. Totally enjoying this one!

Another first...
I tried my hand at coffee dyeing a small piece of white linen yesterday. I followed the walk-through Vonna posted on her blog and have to say I'm pretty tickled with the results! I forgot to iron it while it was still a little damp to set the color, and baking it in a toaster oven that doesn't even make decent toast probably wasn't the smartest move. But still, I'm happy with my first attempt! I wish my picture showed the color better.

Did anyone watch the Cardinals/Eagles game on Sunday? Talk about a nail biter! I'm not a football fan by any stretch, but those red jerseys just sucked me right in. I can't wait for the Super Bowl now!

Okay, it's Monday so I'm off to work on Peppermint Twist! Another slow and steady project, but we'll get 'er done!

4 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Their song is moving along! And your fabric looks great!

staci said...

Wonderful progress on Their Song! Lovely fabric too :)

Pumpkin said...

Oh, I just LOVE the colors in that piece. I can't stop saying that :o)

Great job on the fabric dyeing!

Carla said...

This is a beautiful design...you're making great progress!!