Friday, January 02, 2009

Feelin' Fine in 2009!


I trust everyone had a wonderful New Year's! Did you manage to stay up 'til midnight? I did, but just barely! We usually go out to eat on New Year's Eve, but this year decided to stay home. We cooked up a big pot of chili and spent the evening playing Yahtzee and Uno, and eating like maybe we'd made a resolution to lose 10 pounds in 2009 and this was our last chance to indulge!

Of course, it's next to impossible to lose weight when you have a son who loves to cook. Yesterday he made us some fresh tamales to go with all that leftover chili. Here they are in the pot, getting ready to be steamed:
They were delicious!


Now that the holidays are over, I'm looking forward to getting back into a stitching routine. I'm still loving my new floor stand! I finished November's Monthly Mania (no pic yet because it's all Q-Snapped up in the stand) and got started on December a couple of nights ago. Here's my progress so far:Whoa! Santa's looking a little strange there! Those two pink blotches look like crazy eyes, but they're supposed to be his rosy cheeks! Stitching is going so much faster now, or maybe I'm just excited to be almost finished with this piece! I still have to find some matching thread to finish October with, but WOOHOO! I'm so close to being DONE!

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my floor stand! I appreciate every single one of them! I swear, if we ever get our house built I'm inviting everyone over for coffee and Sara Lee pound cake!

6 comments:

staci said...

Yummmm, I love tamales!!!

Daffycat said...

Holy smokes! Please send your son to my house for "vacation" soon!

Ruth said...

I'll be right over for tamales! :) Happy New Year to you too!

mainely stitching said...

Those tamales look INCREDIBLE. Oh boy, am I jealous!

Melody said...

congrats on getting a floor stand. I will be anxious to see how you like using it. I have been contemplating one for awhile.

also the tamales look delicious!


Melody

Pumpkin said...

Oh wow! I've never had a tamale before.

That's awesome! I guess you just needed a little push, like a floor stand, to get you stitching faster ;o)