Wednesday, January 16, 2008

UFO Sited!

I've spent the last few days working on several of my UFOs, and I'm proud to report I actually finished one of them! This one is (was!) my oldest UFO and one of my earlier projects. My guess is I started it sometime in late '80s. The chart was in one of my cross stitch magazines, and because my oldest son loved kites I had to stitch this one for him! Plus it was designed by Susan Winget! I remember I stopped working on it because the fractional stitches were such a pain on aida. And then there were the French knots! I couldn't make a decent French knot if my life depended on it! I tried and tried. See...

What a mess!

So, almost 20 years later, here it is!

Do All Things With Love
designed by Susan Winget for Leisure Arts (not sure which publication)
stitched with DMC on 14-count cream aida

3 comments:

Pumpkin said...

CONGRATS!!!!! What a cute design :o) Hey, it took me 17 years to finally master my French knots. LOL!

Dawn T. said...

It looks fantastic! Those bears are so cute. Congrats on finishing a UFO:)

Sharon said...

Congrats on finishing your UFO! It's wonderful!