Wednesday, September 27, 2006

We're back from El Paso!

Whew! What a drive that was! There is pretty much a long stretch of nothing once you get past Sweetwater, which is not even halfway. We saw a lot of cactus, cotton fields, yucca plants, and those oil pump things that look like big drinking birds. I always feel sorry for the ones that aren't running anymore. They look so sad to me. We got to see a beautiful sunset on the way back. Of course, I saw it in my rearview mirror, but still... gorgeous! We forgot the camera, but this gives you an idea.

Ooooh... a nice surprise in my mailbox! The kit of the month I ordered from Shakespeare's Peddler! I couldn't resist those fall colors and I fell in love with the verse... "Come said the wind to the leaves one day, come o'er the meadows and we will play. Put on your coats of scarlet and gold, for autumn is here and days grow cold".

I didn't get to do my monthly Christmas stitching on the 25th, so I did the time warp dance and worked on my fir tree yesterday. It's not far from being finished but I'm not gonna cheat anymore this month. There's so many yummy fall projects I want to do! They finally had some nice pumpkins at the grocery store today so I snatched one up before all the good ones were gone. Although, I know as it gets closer to Halloween I'll feel sorry for the rejected pumpkins and end up buying one. And naming it. Is there help for people like me?

No comments: