Monday, July 29, 2024

Five Easy Pieces

Okay, if I'm being honest, maybe not so easy. Mostly due to my own ineptitude at counting and reading instructions. But here they are at last...
Those two rectangles at the bottom were much harder than I expected them to be due to having to stitch them on a diagonal. For whatever reason, I couldn't see the holes unless I tilted my head one way and turned the fabric the other. I also had to employ some crazy counting hijinks, yet still managed to make several mistakes. I swear, I watched the entire Aurora Teagarden catalog twice just doing this backstitching!

I need to run to Hobby Lobby for some interfacing before I can start assembling the pin cushion. Aida is napping here next to me so it'll have to wait. I took her out for a nice romp after lunch so she's a tired puppy!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your pieces turned out lovely. Sorry you had counting issues! Sometimes, it is the perceived "easy" pieces that are the hardest.