Monday, July 01, 2024

Wake Up Call

Good Morning!
by The Prairie Schooler
stitched with DMC on 28-count lambswool linen

I saw this in February 2002 issue of Just Cross Stitch and knew I had to stitch it! It turned out bigger than I envisioned, but then I stitched it on 28-count rather than the called for 32 so that's on me. I thought I might be able to snuggle it into my tier tray or maybe a basket of wooden eggs but it's having none of that. I have plenty of shelf space in my kitchen so I'll tuck it in with the cookie jars or teapots. It's a happy little piece and I want it someplace I can see it every day!

I worked on The Little House over the weekend and have the side pieces done except for the back stitching. There's at least a mile of it so I'm saving it for last.
 
Yesterday I started reading a book called A Lady by Hannah Honegger. If you ever watched the series Turn on Netflix, it is set in that same time period and follows the whole spy ring plot but is told from a woman's point of view. I thought it would be a good read since we are coming up on Independence Day. 
 
As soon as I finish my laundry, my nose is either going to be stuck in my stitching or a book for the rest of the afternoon!
 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the PS piece. Timeless, classic, and truly comfort stitching! Enjoy your book and your stitching!