Thursday, September 29, 2016

National Coffee Day

In celebration National Coffee Day I thought I would post a photo of some of the Starbucks mugs Phil and I have collected over the years. One of the first things we do when traveling to a new place is to check to see whether or not there is a mug we can pick up. I reckon every one of these mugs has a story behind it. I'm pretty sure I screamed in excitement when we found the Hamptons mug while sightseeing in New York City. We drove an hour out of our way to pick up Philadelphia and Pittsburgh at a rest stop. When our flight from Ft. Meyers was cancelled and Phil had to drive like mad in the wee hours of the morning so we could catch another flight home, I was happy to score another mug at the Orlando airport. There were the looooong lines for the Disney World mugs and an even longer uphill hike for Niagra Falls. Some are vacation souvenirs and sometimes we were just passing through a "mug city". But from Alaska to Vegas, it's been a lot of fun!


3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a super collection of mugs! Do you use them?

melissa said...

You really are nuts, bud. :) That's too many of one thing even for me, little pack rat that I am.

Pam said...

I always love to read your blog, though I'm a bit behind! I love all your fall stitching things. Cant wait to see some come to life. Your mug collection is wonderful! Hope you're having a wonderful stitching week! Pam