Thursday, June 30, 2016

The Wall

Continuing with my Game of Thrones theme here, I bring you...

The Wall
We are having a retaining wall put in out on the bluff so there's been a lot of tractors and bricks and workmen and noise this week. 

Oh, and dirt...

A lot of dirt!

As you can tell by these pictures, I don't venture outside much while all of this is going on.

I did try to get a picture of the ducklings who come to visit us every morning...

It's difficult to make them out because they're the same color as the dirt but you can see their ducky shadows. Sort of. They have grown so much in just a couple of weeks. Must be all the scraps they are getting from the workmen. There are eight of them in all and their mother has been doing a good job keeping them safe. I count them every day to make sure they are all still accounted for.

Hoping soon I can show you pictures of the completed wall. Right now it's a mess out there. We are still planning to have company for the 4th of July weekend. I might need one of those
"Excuse Our Dust" signs!


1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

The progress on your retaining wall looks like it is going well. I bet the ducklings are fun to watch. Enjoy your weekend!