Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Two and a Half Bats

And so begins Block 12! I've been working on it "in hand" while watching TV downstairs but I think it's time to put it in the ole Q-snaps and get it on my needlework stand. The original plan was to get all the "bits" done and then work on filling in the black but I think now I'm going to go ahead and get started on it. You can see I did some earlier and, yeah, it's a bit tedious. I'm also not too thrilled with the color of the moon. It blends in with the leaves too much so that might need to be restitched in another color. (I have yet to restitch the dog that blended in too much with the fence so we can all see where this is going!)

And if solid black stitching isn't enough to kill all desire to work on a project, try outlining blocks. Actually it's not that bad working on this while I'm watching baseball. But now that I think about it, it's no wonder I fall asleep in my chair every night!

Here's hoping you're enjoying this Wednesday. We're having a bit of rain and cloudy skies here in SW Michigan so I'm planning to get a pot of chicken and dumplings going for tonight's dinner. It just feels more Fall than Spring here today.


1 comment:

cucki said...

Super sweet x