Friday, March 22, 2013

BoaF Progress

I wanted to share a quick progress picture of my Birds of a Feather sampler. I'm about 1/4 of the way done with the border. At this rate it's going to take me another three weeks to finish it which almost sounds depressing except for the fact that I'm loving every stitch. And the more I get done, the more I love it! I can't wait to start the center! In fact, I'm thinking since I already have all three parts I might just start on the center instead of moving my q-snaps to continue with the border. It would take me three or four tries to get the fabric exactly how I liked it so I may as well save myself the bother, right? I have q-snap angst covered!

March Madness continues here, with Indiana playing their first game today. I'm not up on the whole basketball vernacular but I imagine if I say my bracket sucks most of you will know what I mean. Our printer even refuses to print it out! I wouldn't mind so much but as The Willow Tree Stitcher pointed out to me, there's money to be won and money = stash! So, go Hoosiers!

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Anne said...

BOaF's border is beautiful and I'm glad you are enjoying every stitch. I thought I was the only one with Qsnap angst!! I too don't like to move them around too much so I try and finish everything I can within the frame before moving it over :D Anywho, this sampler is gorgeous!!

Ruth said...

I can see why you love every stitch -- it is stunning.

I wish you luck in your stash cash hopes.

Deb said...

The border is beautiful and I think that I'd start in the center too. I'm another one that doesn't like moving around. I use a scroll frame, but I hate winding the thing back and forth, so never do an entire border but just work on it as I go.

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress. It looks beautiful.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh, I sure do love your progress :)
Being a IU Alumni and a Hoosier born and bred, I too am cheering GO HOOSIERS!!

P.J. said...

Looking great! Good luck...we are routing for the Jayhawks!