Friday, August 03, 2012

More Summer Stitching

Back in June I pulled a couple of summery projects from my WIPocolypse list to work on. One of them was Bent Creek's Summer Snapperland. I had started this one waaaay back in the summer of "aught seven". Here's where I left off:


And here's how it looks today:


Nuthin' left but the border and a french knot or two! It's taking me forever to do those blue swirlies so it might be a while before I get to happy dance this one into my fuppie box.

The other piece I pulled out was Joyful Summer. It was one of my Crazy January Challenge projects from 2011. Number 14 to be exact. This is all I managed to complete on it:


(Isn't it nice to be able to go back in your blog and grab pictures from previous posts??)

So yeah, I have a looong way to go on that one and I don't have most of the Crescent Colours it calls for so I might have to get creative. Me choosing my own thread colors? Now there's a scary thought!

We're heading into the weekend! I sure hope there's a strawberry daiquiri somewhere with my name on it!

Y'all have a good one!

2 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on your wip. Looking forward to seeing your progress on Joy.

Anne said...

Lovely progress on your WIp's! I hope you ended up getting your strawberry daiquiri!!