Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Calling All Janeites!

I saw on Mary Kathryn's blog that there is a group read of Jane Austen's Pride & Prejudice starting today. Check out Pride & Prejudice Without Zombies if you're interested in reading along. All of my books are still in storage so I dashed over to the library this afternoon and picked up both the audiobook and the LARGE PRINT edition. (Squinting causes wrinkles!) I'm planning to listen while I stitch, but I thought it might be fun to follow along with the book, too. I can even make a "beep" sound when it's time to turn the page!

Chapters 1-7 tonight! I have a busy night ahead! :-)

(P.S. Did anyone else have those read-a-long books that came with the records? I had The Jungle Book and practically wore out the grooves on the record, listening to it over and over and over. It was the only thing that got me to stop playing Yellow Submarine over and over and over.)

No comments: