Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Home Progress


I didn't end up having as much time to stitch as I would have liked on Thursday. Isn't that always how it goes? I did make a little progress on my Happy Home Sampler, working on the alphabet some more and starting the green vine below it.
Happy Home Sampler
It's prettier in real life! I swear!

My week has gotten off to a slow start due to a headache and overall cruddy feeling. I think I just wore myself out over the weekend. I need to not do that, LOL!

We are planning on going to the local county fair sometime this week, probably tomorrow evening. I'm looking forward to seeing what's been entered in the cross stitch category of the home arts competition! Then there's a flea market I want to visit on Sunday. Should be fun!

We've been meeting with builders and contractors concerning our next steps with the house at the lake. Our plan was to leave the existing house standing (making it a huge remodeling project) and build an addition onto it. Turns out the structure isn't as sound as we thought it was and it's been recommended by several people that we just tear it down and start fresh. We got some quotes, mulled over our options, and made the decision to go ahead with the demolition. The crew we hired said they could probably get to it next week, so sometime soon we need to get over there and rescue anything we want to keep!

I'm going to have some amazing before and after pictures next week, haha!



4 comments:

Kim B said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on with the house! Your Happy Home Sampler looks great!

Pumpkin said...

I really like this sampler. The colors are so pretty. You're coming along :o)

Doesn't sound like either house will end up a small project :oS I checked out the pictures of your current house...very cool! How neat is that to find such items still in there.

Sharon said...

Your sampler is progressing nicely!

Meari said...

Ahhh... so *that's* what happened, LOL! Your sampler looks really pretty.