Monday, July 14, 2008

Hello, It's Me!

At last! I have settled on a stitching spot in this teeny tiny house! This teeny tiny house that has only seven electric outlets! I never realized just how dependent on electricity we are! Or how many things we have that need to be plugged in or charged! We are constantly asking each other questions like, "Do you need to charge your phone, or can we have the lamp on tonight?" "Are you done with the curling iron so I can finish charging my toothbrush?" We're using those splitter things in three places but I'm afraid we'll blow a fuse or something worse just because I wanted the fan on while I was drying my hair!

So my stitching spot is at the kitchen table. My Ott Lite shares an outlet with two laptop chargers, the iron, and a fan. There's a big window over the table and usually a kitty or two will be sitting on the sill, watching the birds hopping around in the neighbor's yard. My daughter will sit across the table from me, tapping away on her laptop, while mine is tuned in to KLUV in Dallas. With our IM's blooping and familiar voices on the 'radio', we don't feel so far from home.

I've been working on my LK Double Flip piece. This month is "Believe". It's a bit rumpled and the picture is dark, but here is my progress so far...
You finally get to see "Learn" from last month, too, since I never posted a picture of that finish!

We've been busy working on House #2 aka The Fixer-Upper. The kids and I spent a day over there cleaning up cobwebs and all sorts of dust and crud. Next on the list, we're completely re-doing the bathroom, ripping out all the fixtures and tearing out walls to open it up a bit more. The before pictures are on my other computer or I'd show you why it had to be gutted, LOL! I'd also show you the floor tile that's been glued to the kitchen counter and the "popcorn" texture that was sprayed on the walls as well as the ceiling. Most of it I can only stare at, completely bewildered. Who were these people and what were they thinking??? I may have to devote a whole other blog to this project!

Other than working on the house and doing the "plug shuffle", we've been spending some time out at the lake. The Fourth of July was amazing, with tons of fireworks being set off. It was quite a show and the kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves! Jim (my sweetie) spoiled them with a generous assortment of things that went BOOM!

Yesterday morning we ventured out to a local U-Pick farm and filled up several buckets with fat, juicy blueberries. It was a gorgeous day, and we couldn't have found a more perfect way to spend it.

Yummy!


Me? Act normal? Never!

5 comments:

DaisyGirl said...

Thanks for stopping by! I love your picture picking blueberries! Perfect! Bless you on the move! We move 3 years ago, I don't want to do that again for a long time!!!!!
Too much work! Glad your Ott lite made it intact!
Have a great day!
Donna

Sharon said...

I get tired just reading all the stuff your doing! Your LK looks great and I love your blueberry picking picture-looks like fun!

Pumpkin said...

I guess you don't realize what a commodity plugs are until you're in that situation. LOL!

Your LK banner is really flying along and looking so beautiful :o)

Oh yum! Looooooove blueberries! You're a ham in front of the camera. Hee, hee!

Kim B said...

Your LK project is really looking great here! And those blueberries look INCREDIBLE!

Anonymous said...

Yum! Blueberries! I've got some stashed away in my freezer as we speak!

Thanks for stopping by for my giveaway. Come visit anytime!