Monday, April 03, 2023

Welcome Spring!

 
Welcome Spring
by Heartstring Primitives

Heavens to Murgatroyd! It's been forever since I've blogged!
Happily, I'm back with a finish finish! 
This is a freebie from Heartstring Primitives. You can find it here.
I stitched it on some green linen with the called for DMC colors, except for swapping out the ecru used for the clouds with white.

I mounted it on a wooden house sign I found at Dollar Tree. The "roof" was plain so I painted it a sage green and distressed it a bit by dry brushing on some brown paint and sanding it lightly. No finish is complete without a bow, right? Then I had to add a bit of lace at the bottom because I've been junk journaling and it seems like once I get the glue out I can't stop!

Aida sends her love and puppy kisses!


2 comments:

Vickie said...

What a nice surprise! That is a sweet finish.

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your spring finish! And Aida is a cutie!