Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Amid Amish Life

Remember Cross Stitch and Country Crafts? I swear, if it wasn't for that magazine I might never have fallen in love with cross stitch the way I did! I couldn't wait for each issue to show up in my mailbox, and would read it from cover to cover! When I saw this pattern in the March/April 1987 issue, I knew I had to stitch it! I had to order the Wedgewood Lugana from a local shop but as soon as it arrived I got busy stitching! I bought enough fabric to do all three patterns in the series so yeah... BIG plans! 

How far did I get?

I took this photo back in October 2019 after finding at the bottom of my box of finished projects when I was looking for fall pieces to finish finish. How it got in there I'll never know, but I pulled it out and decided I'd try working on it again. As you can see from the first photo, I got quite a bit more done, but as soon as I hit the fussy half stitches... surprise! I lost interest! 

It's sitting here next to me now, and I know if I can just push through those chickens and hats and arms I'll be home free! I'm going to throw a Hallmark movie on and see what I can accomplish this afternoon!

I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday! Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

I remember that magazine and was bummed when it ceased. You have made good progress on it since finding it again.