Thursday, May 04, 2017

Now For Something Completely Different

I've always, always, always wanted to stitch a Mirabilia or Lavender & Lace design. Or to be more accurate, I've always, always, always wanted to finish a Mirabilia or Lavender & Lace design. In my many years of stitching I have started one of each. I have most of the blue fairy complete on L&L's Firefly Fairies and around the beginning of this millennium I started Mirabilia's Ashley's Roses. I just love the summery look of her dress!

Every time I'm deciding what project to work on next I think to myself, I really should try to get a little more done on these. And every time I choose something muuuuuch smaller!
(Have you seen these charts??)

So Tuesday when I decided to reward myself with a new start, my Big Box of BAPs was sitting right there. Nostalgia took hold and I opened it to find Ashley in her beautiful summery dress, looking up at me.

Doggone it, Ashley! You win!

Here's where I am after two days of working on her big pink bow...
My goal today is to get the rest of it done. I have dinner already simmering in the crock pot, and as soon as the sugar soaks into my strawberries, I'm going to scarf them down and get busy stitching!


3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Super looking project you have chosen to work! Enjoy the time you spend on her.

Shelly said...

Nice start on Ashley! I have a Lavender and Lace chart that has been kitted up for a couple years but like you, I pick something smaller! Maybe next year...

Sandy said...

I'm sure Ashley is loving the attention. I love L&L and Mira's and have many in various stages of completeness just begging to be worked on. You are giving me encouragement to pull one of them out and work on them again. Can't wait to see more done. Love the L&L you mentioned too, it's not one I'm working on right now (Peace Angel, Ice Angel, and SpiritDancer are in process), but it a chart I have in my stash for someday.