Tuesday, May 02, 2017

A Little Finish

A Little Liberty
by Lizzie Kate
stitched on 30-ct. natural linen
with DMC

I started this kit from Lizzie Kate last summer and got as far as stitching the sunflowers and the word Liberty before setting it aside. Per my usual MO, I never picked it up again and into the WIP box it went. It took me a few hours one afternoon last week to finish the stitching and I attached the beads yesterday so this is another one for the win column! Woohoo! I have a little frame I picked up at the thrift store that is the perfect size for it but I want to paint it first. Tomorrow just happens to be errand day so i will have to add a stop at the craft store to my list.

I've been working on the December block for my Prairie Year piece but that's going incredibly slow. I recently discovered Floss Tube and it's a major distraction! I set up my laptop so I can watch videos while I'm stitching and it's like having a friend right there with me! And yes, I will admit to sometimes talking back to these friends like they can actually hear my comments! I might have to launch my own Floss Tube channel but we'll have to see. I'm awfully shy.

I've been itching to start something new so I might look outside of my WIP basket today and see what I can come up with. I've been doing pretty good getting old projects finished so it might be time to reward myself!

Have a great day!


3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your Liberty finish! I look forward to seeing it dressed in its new frame. Enjoy your day!

Vickie said...

Oh Liberty is so sweet. I am glad it gone done. That is why I stay away from Floss Tube. ;)

cucki said...

Aww liberty is so sweet..
Sending you love and big Beary hugs x