Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Halloween Finish Finish

Hats Off To Halloween
by Lizzie Kate
stitched on 26-ct. White Birch Heatherfield
with Gentle Arts Sampler Threads

This is an oldie but a goodie that has been at the bottom of my fuppie box for far too long. I stitched it waaaay back in 1990-something. It was quite possibly the first design I ever stitched with overdyed threads. Looking online I saw that this was Lizzie Kate's first design ever! A lot of history here!

I had originally thought I'd make this into a pillow and when I flopped down at the sewing machine on Saturday I was still heading down that road. After I had the border sewn on I started thinking that it was going to be a bit on the Large Marge size for a pillow so I scrapped the original plan and went with a wall hanging do-ma-jig. My seams aren't exactly straight but it's hardly noticeable. (Which is why I thought I'd point it out...)

I have it looped on a dowel so I could take a picture but I'm going to look for a little broomstick to hang it on to make it
super witch-ified!

 


No comments: