Monday, February 24, 2014

Old Dog, New Trick



Many of you may recognize these. For those of you who don't, they are curling stones. Phil and I enjoyed watching the Olympic curling so much that we decided to attend a "Learn To Curl" event held by a local curling club. We learned all the basics and got to play two ends against another group of beginners. I had an absolute blast despite taking one unfortunate "spill" while delivering my first stone. (My daughter was there and managed to capture the moment on her phone so I fully expect the video of me sliding down the ice on my belly while hanging onto a chunk of granite to go viral on YouTube.) 


Here we are getting ready to sweep the path of a stone. It is so much harder than it looks on TV! I used muscles I forgot I had! 


A happy curler! 

I hope everyone had a fun weekend! I plan to work on my VoHRH today so stay tuned for another progress picture!

 


1 comment:

Natasha said...

That is SO cool :) I live in Columbia,sc and I have heard that they are trying to start a Curling Chapter here in my area which I would trully enjoy.

Have a great day!