Thursday, October 19, 2006

SBQ

This week’s SBQ was suggested by Vash and is:

Which way do you stitch, i.e. do you stitch /// followed by \\\ on top, or the other way around \\\ followed by ///? Are you left- or right-handed and do you think that this affects the way that you stitch?

I taught myself to stitch and it just felt natural for me to go \\\ first and cross my stitches going ///. I use my right hand for the big things like writing and throwing and whatnot, but I also use my left for quite a few things, too. I know I stitch the opposite way from most people, so I was always hesitant to participate in round robins because of this. As I became better acquainted with the online stitching community I learned that it wasn't such a huge issue, there were many ways to stitch and no one method was "correct" as long as all your top stitches were going in the same direction. The only time I have switched the way I stitch was when I participated in stitching a baby afghan for an online friend. We were repeating several patterns for the afghan squares and I wanted my section to match everyone else's. :-)

No comments: