Thursday, October 19, 2006

Home again, home again...

It been a loooooooooong week for for me. My mom called a couple of weeks ago to let me know her latest PET scan wasn't good so my brother and I got together and coordinated a trip down to visit her and my dad in Florida. I wanted my kids to be able to see her, too, so flying there was out of the question. We just don't have that kind of money. It's a 1200 mile trip so I split the drive over two days, spending the night some place in Mississippi. I think the hotel was next to a drag strip but we were so exhausted it didn't faze us a bit. We got to my parent's house in Lakeland around 7:00 pm the next day. We stayed for three days, just hanging out and watching the World Series playoff games on TV. My mom is a HUGE Tigers fan so that's our team. We headed back home Tuesday, stopping for the night near Hammond, LA and finishing up the drive yesterday. Let me tell you, it's good to be home!

It's traditional for us to put together a jigsaw puzzle when we visit my parents so here's the crew with our completed puzzle. I can't say I was much help with this one! From left to right is my mom, Tammey (sister-in-law), Evan (son), Sarah (daughter), and Steve (my older brother). If you look close you'll see my two nephews and other brother in the photos on the end table.

My dad got us all hooked on Pete's Pond so check it out! If you're patient you might get so see some interesting critters. We saw a herd of elephants there this morning, and we've seen monkeys and lions, too. Not at the same time, thankfully!

No comments: