Friday, February 12, 2021

Love Lives Here

 
My Valentine's stitching plans took a slight detour. I had thought I'd work on one or two small, quick projects that I could have done by the end of the week. This new design from Country Cottage Needleworks arrived in my mailbox Monday and, well, it was love at first sight! I am stitching it on 32-count Smokey White linen with most of the called for fancy flosses. I couldn't find Classic Colorworks Ribbon Red or Shrimp Cocktail when I ordered the chart so I'm substituting Ladybug and Orangena, respectively. I really like how the colors work together and I'm getting a lot of subtle variegation in the border. Love, love, love it!!!

What are your plans for this Valentine's weekend? We are hoping to go dancing tonight and then we have dinner reservations at a restaurant we've been wanting to try on Sunday. They have a special Valentine's Day menu and will have live music as well. We're really looking forward to it!


2 comments:

Maggie said...

We don't really celebrate Valentines Day and as the UK is still in lockdown there are no restaurants open to go out for meals or venues playing live music :-(
Love your stitching, I haven't seen that chart before

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Valentine stitch is looking good. No plans here due to the weather. We had snow on Friday and then freezing rain all day Saturday. Everything is covered in ice. UGH!