Monday, May 02, 2016

Stitch Maynia

We're off and running on the May Prairie Year block! It took me two tries to get the flower dealies in the top corners right so the rest of the border is a bit suspect. Here's hoping the neighbors won't be hearing any screams of frustration coming from the Empire!

A little Paisley trivia...
This particular basket of flowers has been seen before on my blog! Back in the dark ages of the internet I'd participated in a round robin on CompuServe (yes, I'm old!) and one of my CISters had stitched this design for me. I turned it into a little hanging pillow in one of my first attempts at finishing. You can see the post here.

In other news...
I'm a little late to the party but I joined the Stitch Maynia group on Facebook. I don't have time to do 15 new starts in 15 days so I decided to do an abbreviated version and try having a new start every week this month. As you may have guessed, the May block is my start for Week One! I haven't decided on what I'm doing for the other three so we'll just plan on doing a big reveal each Monday. Sound like fun? You betcha!

We finally have a little blue sky after a gloomy weekend so I'm off to enjoy it before the clouds and rain sneak back in!

Have a lovely Monday!


3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Nice start on the May block! I like your little pillow finish of that block as well. We are also getting a slight reprieve from the gray and dreary days that we have had. It won't last long, but at least for the moment the sun is shining.

cucki said...

Love your may block..it's going to be so pretty..
Sending you big hugs x

Pam said...

O yea! I'm a bit behind in my reading, but welcome to Stitch Maynia. I look forward to seeing your other projects. Happy Stitching =) Pam