Friday, January 23, 2015

A Finish!

Seasonal Sampler
Bent Creek
Stitched on 18-ct. natural linen with perle cotton

Woohoo! My first finish of the new year! I've had this zipper kit floating around in my "I really should stitch this some day" basket for a good long while. It was a super quick stitch, even for a slow poke like myself. I had my usual angst over the french knots but I think they turned out fairly decent for the most part. The snowman looks a little cockeyed but we'll just say it gives him personality!

We have shut down the Chicken Ottoman Empire for the winter and headed south for warmer climates. I will be "sans ottoman" for the next few months as we wait for the sprunging of spring up north. I made sure to bring along plenty of stitching options for the length of our stay! 

Have a fabulous weekend everyone, and thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

craftingpaws said...

Your snowman is adorable and I think you did a great job with the French knots!

Ruth said...

Congrats! And he looks adorable-- full of character and not cock-eyed at all. :)

llknbillburg said...

Cute finish and I didn't think your snowman was wonky, just thought that was the way he was supposed to be! Lucky you for finding warmer weather!! Laura

cucki said...

Very sweet finish
Sweet bugs x

P.J. said...

What a sweet finish. The snowman is too cute. Your French knots look great!

Chris said...

Lovely finish! I love these kits.

Pam said...

O what a cute stitch! I see nothing wrong with your French knots, snowy is too cute! Enjoy the warm weather. As always I look forward to seeing what you stich next.