Thursday, July 17, 2014

Stitch-In 2014

Liberty Zipper
Bent Creek
stitched on 28-ct. Raw Linen
with DMC & WDW threads

I am having myself a Stitch-In while Phil is off on a solo adventure! Three days of nuthin' but stitchy related fun!

This is my first official Stitch-In finish, a Bent Creek Zipper kit I started last month before our trip to New York. It came with a piece of 18-ct. linen that you were supposed to use all six strands of thread on. I never have much luck getting that many strands to lay nicely so I swapped it out for a comparable piece of linen from my stash and used the usual two strands. No muss, no fuss! My little star charms are doing all sorts of weird calisthenics since I sewed them on so I'm hoping they learn to relax soon and just dangle like they're supposed to.

Next I'm hoping to finish up my little Woolly Tyme sheep blanket for July. That way Charlotte (my stuffed sheep) will get to display it for a couple of weeks before she's totally out of style and then stares blankly at her closet for several minutes before declaring she has nothing to wear. Which she doesn't because I haven't stitched the August blanket yet. 

So right! The freezer is stocked with Lean Cuisines, there's Pepsi chillin' in the fridge, I have plenty of chick flicks queued up to watch, and a gazillion stitchy projects calling my name! Woohoo!


1 comment:

cucki said...

So sweet *•*
Happy stitching x