Friday, March 07, 2014

We Interrupt This Stitching


My stitching marathon didn't quite go as planned. The sun was calling my name and I decided to hit the chaise lounge and soak up some rays instead of working on VoHRH. (You'll be relieved to know I don't plan on posting progress pictures of my tan!) I did get some of the verse stitched. If you've read this blog for very long you know how impatient I get stitching letters. So let the countdown begin! I have 12 out of 56 letters completed! That leaves 44 more to stitch! Oey! That sounds like a ton!

It was "Italian Night" here at Chez Paiz last night. Along with having spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner, Phil and I watched "The Talented Mr. Ripley" on Netflix which is set mostly in Italy. We also said "ciao" a lot since it's practically the only Italian we know. If you say it the right way it can mean anything from "yes", "no" and "what?" to "can you please pause the movie while I run to the kitchen for another glass of vino?"

We're having dreary weather here today so looks like my pre-empted stitching is back on the schedule. Maybe I can get to the halfway point with those letters!

Until next time... ciao!


2 comments:

Melody said...

Good luck on the letters! Your village is coming along great tho!

Jeanne said...

Great progress on VoHRH. I like to do that too when I am stitching on some part that isn't my favorite - break it up a bit so you don't get so frustrated. It will get done no worries.

We have been going to some spring training games too but here in Arizona for the Cactus League. Hope you have as good of weather as we've had!