Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Snow Day!

This winter we have had snow showers, steady snow, lingering snow, blowing snow, on and off snow, light snow, occaisional snow, and drifting snow. Meh. Then we get news of The Blizzard! The Storm of the Century! Let me tell you, I was glued to the Weather Channel yesterday for hours! (And no, Jim Cantore had absolutely nothing to do with it even though I had the strongest urge to hop in the car and drive to Chicago with a Thermos full of coffee for my favorite hunka hunka burnin' weatherman.) I had big plans to stay up through the night and watch the storm's progress but by 10:00 I was sawing toothpicks. I fully expected to wake up this morning and find two feet of snow on my porch but it doesn't look like we got more than 8-10 inches. That doesn't sound like much until you have to shovel it off your front steps! I have reached the conclusion there is no such thing as 'light snow'!

In stitchy news, here is my progress on Green Snowman.


Can you see the big holes on the top half of the snowman? I switched from completing my stitches one at a time to doing a whole row one way and then back for the bottom half and it seems to have made a difference. If I have enough of the white thread leftover after stitching the hill, I'll rip out the top half and try to wiggle the fabric threads back into place and re-stitch it. I think it'll be worth it in the long run. Those holes are too much of a distraction the way it is.

I hope everyone survived the storm! And if you're having a Snow Day off from work, I hope you get to spend it inside with your stitching!

5 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress. Your snowman is very cute.

Danielle said...

Green Snowman looks great!

Sue said...

Cute start.

barbara said...

What an adorable snowman. And I agree, there is no such thing as light snow!!

Shelleen said...

the snowman is cute. I also adore Jim Cantore.