Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baseball and Boxes

He says he didn't touch Nelson Cruz's glove.
He says he didn't reach over the wall.

He also denies making obscene gestures towards Cruz afterwards but I won't post that picture.

Rangers went on to wallop the Yankees, 10-3, but I'm still livid about this call and will probably need a Valium to get through today's game. We lead the series, 3-1, so this could potentially be the last game and Texas will be heading to the World Series.

So my life has been taken over by baseball and boxes since we unloaded the big truck last week. Every day I unpack more stuff and find that I've grossly overestimated the size of this house. I also underestimated the size of my furniture and my armoire now sits outside my bedroom instead of inside where its supposed to be. There's no room for my desk and we can't sit at the dining room table to eat because the china cabinet is in the way. We've managed to redefine 'cozy'.

I haven't picked up any stitching since we've been back unless you count pawing through boxes of stash I haven't seen in over a year. It's quite a distraction when I should be doing more productive things. Like looking for the silverware. And hangers. And something to drink out of other than a coffee mug.

Eventually I will have everything sorted through and things will get back to normal, or as close to normal as we can muster in this household. In the meantime I'll keep tearing open boxes and unwrapping the contents like it's Christmas and shouting things like "Woohoo! A stapler!"

Have a great day, y'all, and LET'S GO RANGERS!

1 comment:

melissa said...

Happy day, bud. :)

Love, Missy