Monday, August 28, 2023

This Post Has No Title

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes the hardest part of posting on my blog is coming up with a decent title. After ten minutes of sitting here staring at the screen, I have nothing. Zip. Nada. Zilch.
 
Enough of the staring! Let's just jump into the post, shall we?
 
I found the perfect project to close out my summer stitching with...
Summer Breeze from Prairie Schooler
 
I'm not sure when I started this but I reckon I'm a little over halfway done now. Can I finish it before Labor Day? We shall see!
 
I finally got around to reframing "Love My Coffee" after it was damaged in my kitchen flood.
I don't think I did as good a job the second time around but it hangs on a wall under the kitchen cabinets so won't be subjected to my daily scrutiny. At least I hope not.
 
In other news, we are getting ready for another hurricane. The Publix was packed this morning and I've been getting alerts all day regarding closings and potential service interruptions.
Aida and I have plenty of canned food, water, and candles so we are as prepared as we're gonna get. We're not on the coast so don't have to worry about storm surges. I can't promise we won't lose power but the guest room is made up with a new mattress and clean sheets if anyone needs a safe place to evacuate to.
Mi casa, su casa!

 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

I think your coffee piece looks super. Praying that you and Aida are not greatly impacted by Idalia as she comes through. Thinking of you and please be safe.