Thursday, November 02, 2023

I'm Back!

I've had quite a stitching drought here but for good reason... or maybe not so good! I managed to almost slice off the tip of one of my fingers back in September. The middle finger of my right hand to be exact, which is also the finger I use for pushing the needle through the fabric. I'll spare you the gory details but suffice to say, don't ever use a mandolin without the guard! This was by far the worst I've ever cut myself but did I go have it stitched up? Of course not! I wrapped it up in a towel until the bleeding stopped, then slapped a bandage on and went back to slicing potatoes. I really had my heart set on that au gratin casserole, LOL!

It's still super tender but I've been able to stitch again. The first thing I did was finish my PS Summer Breeze sampler...
I also finished the Gather Wildflower rounds from Hands on Design and have started the Gather Pumpkins set.
 
I've had plenty of time for cutting and gluing stuff in my scrapbook journal notebook thing. I really don't know what to call it because it's just so random. I did a lot of Halloween themed pages which seemed to trend more towards the creepy side. I'm sure any psychiatrist would raise an eyebrow! I did do a few fun ones, too. My favorite was made from pictures I cut out of a Richard Scarry book.
There was more to the story but I wanted to keep it simple. (Sorry Lowly Worm!)
 
Aida did have a costume for Halloween but I neglected to get a picture of her in it. I made her a "pillowcase" to wear so she could be Dobby the House Elf from Harry Potter. Every time I get near her with it now she runs and hides under the bed!
 
Myself, I was the scavenger version of Rey from Star Wars.
My brother helped me make the costume and we participated in a truck or treat event held by the local police and fire departments. We had a great time hanging out with other Star Wars costumers and passing out treats.

The best news of all is that the Texas Rangers won the World Series!!! I've been a fan since the early 80s so I'm super happy to see them finally win! Aida and I are going to celebrate tonight with Ball Park franks and ice cream in little plastic batting helmets! Woohoo!

Thanks for stopping by! I promise I will try not to injure my stitching hand again!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sorry about your finger! I am glad it is healing. What a fun costume you created! I am not surprised that Aida takes off and hides. I am guessing she was not thrilled by wearing a costume. Your Summer stitch finish is a beauty. I love PS designs. Happy Friday and weekend!

Bet UK said...

Your post was a standout! Your writing is top-notch. Keep up the excellent work and write more!