Friday, November 24, 2023

Post-Thanksgiving Post

Another Turkey Day is in the books! The Macy's parade was watched. The National Dog Show winner was declared. All the meal planning and prep paid off with a delicious meal. The dishes have been washed and the counters wiped clean. Leftovers have been parceled out. The "gravy explosion" will be a funny story to tell next year. Not quite a scene from a Norman Rockwell painting but I have no complaints!

Today is recovery day, even for Aida. We're enjoying lower temps here in Florida so I have the windows cracked to let in some fresh air and my little fireplace going to make the room nice and cozy. With Aida snuggled in under the blanket next to me, I couldn't want anything more.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and has a chance to put their feet up today!


1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was quiet and spent at home as the family gathering was canceled due to illness. Enjoy your snuggle time with Aida. Happy Saturday!