Monday, July 17, 2023

Butterflies and Bad Luck

Yesterday was a wonderfully stormy day which gave me a good excuse to stay inside and stitch. I finished the second of the Gather Butterflies rounds from Hands on Design. I need to get busy with the third one since I've already received the next kit! 
I had a bit of a catastrophe earlier this month. The line to my ice maker broke during the night and flooded my kitchen. Part of my ceiling collapsed and everything was soaked. Just an amazing mess. Aida had gotten up several times while we were sleeping and would trot around the house like she needed something. I just didn't realize she was trying to alert me to what was happening in the kitchen. The insurance adjuster has been out so now I'm waiting to hear what may be covered. 
One casualty was my Love My Coffee cross stitch. It was soaked by the water running down the wall and the colors bled. I've managed to get most of it out but still need to reframe it. I don't think it will be noticeable. 
The obligatory photo of Aida... she's doing the "lean", anticipating me throwing the ball I was holding to get her to look at the camera! 

I just heard thunder so it looks like another rainy day! Yay! More stitching!








 


1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a bummer on the broken line and issues from that. Hopefully, you will hear soon what insurance will cover so you can start the fixing process. Enjoy your stormy day; sounds like a good day to stitch.