Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Shelf Love

I'm happy to report I finished the cross stitching on Homespun Still Life last night.
As you can see, I changed the color of the towels from red to blue. All I have left now is the backstitching which I plan to start on tonight. 

My brother was in town last week so we hit up the estate sales and thrift stores in the area. I was in search of some 80s decor and did manage to find one shelf similar to the one I'm stitching. He brought me a tall four cubby shelf that I think could be turned into a vegetable bin if I can convince him to make some doors for me, similar to these with the wire...
Aida thinks it would make excellent storage for her collection of toys!


2 comments:

grandma sandy said...

Thanks for showing your work, I like the change to blue on the towels. I have an old Leisure Arts leaflet that must be by the same designer. I think it is called "A Country Kitchen Sampler" and has lots of nicely done kitchen items similar to your piece. Let me know if you are interested in it and I will see if I can find it and make you a copy. -sandy from Kentucky.

Robin in Virginia said...

Your shelf piece looks super. I like the blue towels. I agree with Aida about storage for her toys!