Monday, February 08, 2021

Violets

 
February's Violet
from Love Is In The Air
by Blackbird Designs
stitched on 32-count Natural Linen
with DMC, Classic Colorworks, and Gentle Arts threads

I finished the Blackbird Designs stocking I was working on in record time! (At least for me!) I didn't have all of the called for threads so I mixed and matched from what I had here in my Florida stash. I thought my flower centers might "pop" a little too much but then I looked at photos of actual violets and the centers do stand out so I'm leaving it the way it is.

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I'm thinking I might continue with some "season of love" stitching. I know Cathy Habermann of Hands On Design has a bunch of little freebies on her blog so I'll probably opt for one of them. You can take a look at the latest one here.
 
Phil and I stayed home for our Super Bowl watching last night. Our party was just the two of us and a monstrous braided bread stuffed with BBQ chicken, peppers, and onions. It was supposed to have cheddar cheese as well but about the same time I had finished the braiding I realized I had forgotten to put it in! We ended up dipping it in cheese sauce which was pretty darn delicious! Happy little accidents, right!

It's lunch time here so I better scoot! Stitching time this afternoon!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your February stocking turned out great. I like the centers. Happy Tuesday!

Mary said...

Lovely finish!