Monday, January 25, 2021

Still Amishing

Our Amish lady now has a basket full of laundry to hang on the line. She's not exactly thrilled as her only job before was to stand there with her arm in the air. The phantom boy has a hat now. I had to frog a bunch in that area because somehow I had managed to stitch the top part of his hat about three stitches further to the right than it should have been. I kept looking at it thinking to myself that something didn't look right. The page from the magazine with a photo of the finished sampler is rather beat up so I don't take it out very often. I should really have it in a page protector at this point! I finally took a quick look at it and saw my mistake right away. Grumble grumble grumble! I did some ripping on Saturday and restitched on Sunday so we're back on track now! I'd like to concentrate on finishing the girl today and possibly the boy as well but we'll see how far I get. It's tedious to say the least, with all the fractional stitches. I'm thinking I might have to take a break from this before tackling the backstitching.
 
The Paisley of today is looking at Past Paisley and wanting to wring her neck for ever starting this in the first place! I'm sure Past Paisley would say, "Hey, you're the one who wants it finished! I hid it at the bottom of a box so it might never see the light of day again!"
 
I hate it when she's right!


No comments: