Saturday, March 22, 2008
I stayed up past my bedtime last night and finished this little guy:It's the red-headed woodpecker from Prairie Schooler's Birdsong II. Instead of filling in the background with stitches, I cheated and used some light blue (okay, it was dawn grey!) fabric. See the line where the fabric was folded? It will not go away no matter what I try! Does anyone else ever have this problem with fabric that's been in your stash for several years? I have all these nifty little packages of fabric in my closet that I've been trying to use, but they all seem to have these fold lines. Any advice?
I hope everyone has an enjoyable Easter weekend! I will have everyone home tomorrow except my oldest son who is still in Korea. Now I'm off to boil a couple dozen eggs for the kids to dye!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Saturday, March 08, 2008
Some got dipped in cinnamon sugar, some got dusted with powdered sugar, and some got eaten right away!
We are showing the house tomorrow at 1:00. This is our first serious showing in close to two months so keep your fingers crossed!
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
This week’s SBQ comes from the archives:
After you stitch a pattern or kit, what do you do with it?
For the most part I hang on to them, even the freebies I print out from the internet. A lot of times they're pretty worn out by the time I'm done with them but I don't think I've ever thrown a pattern away. I've also sent them on to other stitchers or done trades.
Tuesday, March 04, 2008
I started Spring Has Come from Prairie Schooler yesterday while watching our winter storm roll in on radar. I'll get a picture posted as soon as there's enough to show! Tonight will be Sonic Burgers, American Idol, and primary results, with a little stitching thrown in!
Sunday, March 02, 2008
1. Continue to work on Winter Sampler. I did, but not much. This one is in danger of becoming a UFO :-(
2. Finish "Love My Coffee" by Lizzie Kate. Yes!
3. Start and finish "Dream" by Lizzie Kate. Yes!
4. Start and finish "Love" by Lizzie Kate. Yes!
5. Start and finish February Woolly Tyme blanket. Yes!
Goals for March...
1. Start and finish "Remember" by Lizzie Kate. (I'm planning to do one of these a month.)
2. Start and finish "Season of Hope" by Little House Needleworks.
3. Start "Spring Has Come" by Prairie Schooler.
4. Start and finish at least one of the bird ornaments from "Birdsong II" by PS.
5. Reduce my pile of UFO's!
And here is my latest finish...
My itchy nose says spring has finally sprung here in North Texas. Even though our temps have been in the 50s and 60s, I still had a case of the winter blahs last week. I'm hoping to shake them soon with some springy stitching!